Sunday, February 13, 2011

When the Hurt Runs Deep

The title of a new book by Kay Arthur. The subject of my new church ladies group discussion. It's so funny how easy it is to see God's perfect timing. I am having to deal with a lot of family history that is extremely hurtful right now. I would much rather do anything rather than deal with these issues. But I have to, because of my mom.  Have you ever done something for someone else that you wouldn't have done for yourself? Usually it involves conquering a fear, like going on a boat, or in an airplane, or touching a snake. I'd much rather touch a snake than have to deal with these family members.
So, I'm very glad I'm starting this book, cause I feel as helpless as a baby right now. And that is definitely not a feeling I enjoy.
Unfortunately this situation has also affected the two things I'm really passionate about right now: making bread, and beading.  So, I forced myself to make a couple of extra loaves of bread to give away.  They weren't anything fancy, but for the ladies' that I gave them to, it was a blessing.  Which is what I consider my bread baking to be, so it was a good feeling.
Now, on the beadwork end of things, I am trying freeform peyote for the first time, with the help of Karen William's awesome book, Freeform Peyote Beading.  It is a lot harder to be random than you would think.  I really have to concentrate, and get into a specific zone.  Which has been really, really hard while all this other stuff is going on.
So, I'll give you a little sneak peek of the piece so far. Can't show it all. First, because it's part of a beading challenge I'm in right now. Second, because this stuff looks really gnarly til you get it finished!

And, now I'm gonna leave you with a smile on your face, cause this is just the cutest mutt ever.
She has a very heavy work load.
Blessings, Shirley


1 comment:

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.